We are committed to building a Foundation that is strategic in its thinking and partnering with our peers to grow the scale and depth of Philanthropy in Australia.Submit an expression of interest
Strategic in our thinking and practical in our solutions
Empowering people, enabling change.
The Paul Ramsay Foundation is committed to identifying the root causes of disadvantage and implementing strategic solutions to empower our communities. We will look to forge long term, collaborative partnerships with our peers, and fund scalable projects to grow capacity and enable lasting change.
The Paul Ramsay Foundation embodies the values and legacy of our founder, Paul Ramsay AO. While we recognise our development will be evolutionary, we’re committed to strategic thinking and proactive grant-making.
We’re also committed to our charter, which enables us to effectively execute and develop our strategy.
- We aspire to continuously grow, and improve our understanding of the areas in which we work and the way in which we operate.
- We believe that we also have a responsibility to the organisations with which we work – to help them grow and develop.
- We want to be clear, open and honest about what we know and don’t know. We want to learn from our errors and share that learning.
- We are ethical and responsible in what we do and have a clear policy of disclosure to manage potential conflicts of interest.
- We do not exclusively subscribe to a single political or religious movement, group or organisation, and we are open to working with any reasonable political or religious groups.
- We aspire to be known for what we do and how we do it, rather than for the size of our Foundation.
- We are committed to using and sharing our experiences to grow the knowledge and depth of the philanthropic sector.
- We will use whatever influence we have in a quiet and thoughtful manner, based on reasonable evidence.
- We will instil strong principles of governance within our Foundation.
- We are committed to developing relationships based on mutuality and respect, and will ensure that our values and those of our partners are continuously aligned.
- We will look to fund programs and organisations that seek to challenge the status quo and will make a difference to people and communities in Australia.
- We are prepared to fund overheads, giving our partners the opportunity to innovate and grow.
- We are committed to using actionable measures and evaluation techniques.